TO all PAHA YOUTH MEMBERS and their PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING NEW YOUTH DIRECTORS
IF YOU CAN GIVE A FEW HOURS PER QUARTER TO COORDINATING SOME YOUTH ACTIVITIES AND/OR HOLDING A MEETING IN YOUR AREA, PLEASE CONTACT
IRVETTE TIMMS, PAHA PRESIDENT.
Help us build a strong organization by involving our Youth!
Dear PAHA Youth Members and Parents,
We are trying to revitalize our youth program. Over the past few years, we have had a number of very active members age out and along with them, we lost our resource of some great parent leaders. That said, I am confident that we have some new “stars” in the making out there.
As a first step to putting together some activities for our Youth this year, we would like to get some information from you about your interests and experience. If you could get this to us during this week, that would be awesome as we are holding our next State Board meeting on Sunday, March 23. I know that is quick, but this should only take you about 5 mins to complete.
If we don’t hear from you via email, you can expect a call from one of our Youth parents who will be helping me to collect the data.
So, if you can take a few minutes to help us out, that would be great.
1) How many Arabian/Half Arabian horses does your family own? Other breeds?
2) How many years of horse experience do you have personally?
3) How long have you owned and/or ridden an Arabian/Half Arabian? Other breeds?
4) Does a family member (parent, sibling, grandparent) help you with your horse(s)? Yes/No
5) How many years of experience do they have with horses? With Arabians?
6) Are you a member of any other organizations that are horse or animal related? Yes/No
If Yes, which one(s): ______________________________________________________
7) Which of the following apply to you?
My time spent with my horse(s) is primarily fun and social in nature Yes/No
I show my horse(s) in unrecognized fun-type shows or Open shows Yes/No
I show my horse(s) in recognized shows Yes/No
I love to trail ride my horse Yes/No
Taking lessons is something I currently do Yes/No
I like to go to clinics about horse care and/or riding Yes/No
I do other activities with my horses - specify: _________________________________________
8) Would you or a parent be able to help with an activity at a show or other event? Yes/No
Thanks in advance for your response. I look forward to finding out what our Youth members would like to see offered and how we can work together to get some new things in place.
All the best,
Irvette Timms, President
PA Arabian Horse Association
Click here for PDF of the survey